It only takes one touch of a button these days to ‘follow’. The type of ‘stalking’ everyone is buzzing about in the blogosphere and outside this zone. And now is your chance to ‘plug’ your links in the comments section, so I can follow Y♥U!
What inspired me to write this post was the two successful Twitter chats (#HFT3) hosted by none other than Dee from HauteFrugalista.com – our Twitter chat master. 😉
A fun interaction and valuable info shared, are just some of the things you will experience if you decide to join the gang! Next twittering will be on Tuesday, and Dee will have all the details on her blog. 🙂
In addition to the above, I’ve also learned through reading others blog posts that having consistency when writing a post, setting your blog’s layout, and what username you use when ‘connecting out there’ is very important. Having the same username for each social networking sites will make it easier for others to find you, or recognize you. I must say though, that it’s always a challenge when someone already picked your preferred username and you have to make something different!
While there’s no surprised that Facebook and Twitter are, for most of us, our ‘go to’ haven, either to mingle or simply send short and sweet remarks to others. Apparently, I talk too much for Twitter, I need to TwitLonger! ha ha
So the question now is, do you follow, when I follow?
The choice is always yours, my blogger friend. 😉
We’re all bound to succumb to the buzzling world of social networking, hence WP peeps already have some of these widgets ready for us, just waiting to be added on our blog.
And since we’ve already come this far, why don’t I introduce you to all the ‘huddle sites’ I’ve joined so far – and perhaps, you can join me?
Here they are…
- Apart from having a personal Facebook account of which I mainly use when commenting, I also have a Facebook Page for Sweetjellybean.com, and yes you’ve been really generous with your Likes, and I wouldn’t mind to have more. 😉 Just check out my sidebar to do so 😉 ——->
(Facebook icon by Helen Gizi – visit her blog on pinkmoustache.net.)
Tweet me and I sure will tweet you back!
- And for those who ‘talk to much’ for Twitter, you can use TwitLonger. Thanks to KJ from KJAndersen.wordpress.com, who searched the web and shared this with us.
(Twitter icon by Mirjami Manninen from mirkku.com)
- This is the site that captured me the second time I gave it one more glance. Why? If you love ‘filtering’ pictures and making them stand out, then you would love this photo-sharing program, and this will end up on your list of ‘the social networks I love’.
(Instagram icon from shapecollage.com)
Let’s pin it together
- There’s no such thing as too many pins, or too much pinning on this site! The joy of coming across something very interesting and being able to repin it on ‘your board’ is so convenient. Not only you get to have it, but you’re also connecting with the previous pinner. Pinterest, basically, is a way of saying, I like what you like, Thank you – I appreciate this, or Wow, this really made me laugh — pinning it now!
(Pinterest icon by Kira at hernewleaf.com)
You love to tumblr?
- I never understood the whole concept of this site before… but now that I’ve paid attention and looked really into it, I think it could actually work as another way of getting your blog out there. Tumblr offers some neat layouts, different formats to compliment any post you want, and lots of free themes to choose from. And like many other social networks sites, you can Like, as well as reblog someone else’s post.
(Tumblr icon via iconfinder.com)
- The name says it all. It’s for us bloggers! A place to share, meet, and connect with the rest of the blogging community – they even got a blogger’s directory! This is another outlet to share your blog, as well as ideas, by joining little forums, or setting up a new one of your own to encourage others to get involved. There’s also a voting system, the option of adding a friend, as well as following someones’ blog. You also get to showcase your posts here where people can comment, or vote for it if they want.
- My only quibble is, when I had my old blog before and I wanted to delete that account there, I could not contact anyone! I sent an email to cyberspace, but unlike a boomerang, it never came back with a reply. I got frustrated and ended up making another one instead.
And last but not the least…
- You love a blog from different platforms, so what’s the easy way to follow all of them? Bloglovin’!
- It’s a pretty straightforward sign up, whilst you also have an option to set the frequency on how often you receive an email updates on the blogs you follow.
- From a blogger’s point of view, I just don’t understand as to why there’s no option of knowing who’s following you. Why is that? Anywho, I didn’t really look into this further, and just left it at that. After all, if you love my blog, you’ll follow me here, right? Right? (LOL)
So, how do you feel about becoming a ‘social’ maven in the world wide web? Are you up for it? How do you think this would affect your blogging habits?
And finally, the real question really is, can you keep up with all of it?
Share your thoughts, ideas, or any more sites you think other readers might be interested to know.
(Don’t forget to check the comments ↓ section as other bloggers have contributed their thoughts on this, too!)