(apologies for the re-publishing this post :-s, somehow this morphed itself and went to Drafts!!! I don’t even know why… any who, if you’re interested for your banner to be featured below, let me know, so I can add it to this post. :-))
What can I say? DIY has now become my ‘cuppa tea’. So when I called out the other week about whether you guys would like to be featured in my next post, these lovely bloggers stepped up and said ‘yes, a cuppa please’. 😉
But as much as I would like to broaden my DIY capability horizon, I think in some areas, I’m just completely hopeless. I mentioned in one of my fellow blogger’s post at Dee’s Haute Fraugalista that I’m no good when it came to sewing that my Grandma knew it, and eventually gave up teaching me. In fact, I remember before that when I tried sewing things by hand, I ended up sewing my skirt along with whatever I was trying to sew together! And while crafting seems all so nice and beautiful, and I am getting lots of ideas from the Glossyboxes transformations at Elena’s love212.org, I’ve yet to really organize my time on this, since there’s just so many things to do, but so little time. So for now, I’ll stick to blog stuff and hopefully continue to learn, and then share things with you.
Now, enough about me, and on to these DIY bloggers. These lovely banners are generated, improvised, inspired and prettified using the one and only Pixlr Express. Most of us are still learning the ins and outs of blogging, so being able to DIY our blog, definitely is an accomplishment for us. Well, this is how I always feel all the time.
Guys, I can’t thank you enough for agreeing to be featured in this post.
So in no particular order, here they are!
P.S. I’ve included their url address and tag lines too.. or clicking the banners will take you straight to their respective blogs. So browse around, and get to know them too..
From http://seraphim6.me “where charming folks meet with sunshine & friends …”
From http://cloudsfullofrain.wordpress.com “The journey of a life poured out.”
From http://houseontheway.wordpress.com “…. to a beautiful home.”
http://kmbookmarks.wordpress.com “Bookmarks by Karen Mesa”
http://poeticallypoetic.wordpress.com “Personal Poetry That I’ve Wrtten For Family, Friends And Colleagues”
http://joischan.wordpress.com “Musings and (mis)adventures of a newcomer”
http://hautefrugalista.com “It’s Always a Matter of Class Not Cash!”
http://devinaphotography.wordpress.com “Adventures of a girl and her camera.”
http://beautyandthebestoftherest.com ” A lot of beauty and a little bit of everything else”
http://laavventura.wordpress.com Currently planting roots in Sardinia, Italy. By Jennifer Avventura
*Jennifer’s banners are interchangeable so at some point, you will see the banner above.
Thanks to Theresa for agreeing to be featured here.
Feeling creative? Why not give Pixlr Express a go?
Don’t forget to link back or share. We’d love to know.
Useful Blogging Tips:
- Introduce your reader more to your blog by including “Related articles” at the end of each post. Download Zemanta now and this should do the trick or click this link for further instructions: http://en.support.wordpress.com/zemanta-for-recommended-links-photos-articles/
(Thank you Mon at Skingoodness.net, who was very eager to help me on how to do this, I’ve learned, and now I’ve shared.)
- Can’t get enough of your DIY banners, and want to put them all? Yes, you can! Go to your Dashboard – click Appearance – on the drop down menu – click Header – where you see Upload Images – simply click Random Images . Whatever images you have in there, will interchange whenever someone clicks your site or refresh it. Cool, right?
(However, some themes don’t have this feature.)
- Calling all DIY bloggers… this post is for you.
- DIY Monday: 5 Easy Steps To Make Your Own Blog Header! Give it a go!
- My DIY 101: Step-by-step to customize your blog header with Pixlr Express.